Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

*We are in Control of Our Destinies but GOD Is Destiny.






*We are in Control of Our Destinies but GOD Is Destiny.

King David says it all with:
The earth is the LORD’S, and the fullness thereof;
the world, and they that dwell therein.
For He hath founded it upon the seas, and established
it upon the floods.”  Psalms 24:1-2 ~ KJV

I find pleasure in knowing that my Father is the creator of everything because I know that as long as I “Ignore Reality and Trust GOD” I will be taken care of. “The Sky is the Limit.”  You can walk, talk, and think knowing that GOD’S grace is keeping you alive and GOD’S grace is what allows You to accomplish the goals that you have set for your life. 
Again, I will repeat this: We are in control of our destinies but GOD is destiny and I will repeat this from the previous excerpt: “One thing that will never change in your life is the constancy of the existence of GOD.  He is in everything and in everyone… I find pleasure in knowing that my Father is the creator of everything because I know that as long as I “Ignore Reality and Trust GOD” I will be taken care of. “The Sky is the Limit.”  You can walk, talk, and think knowing that GOD’S grace is keeping you alive and GOD’S grace is what allows You to accomplish the goals that you have set for your life.  Our spirits seek the connection with GOD all of our lives, but many of us try to fill that void with physical things that will never be able to quench that thirst.  The only way to quench that thirst is with the spiritual because it is a spiritual thing that we are trying to quench.
     Explanations may be hard in many cases, but each of us will have to experience individually the liberation of knowing that GOD exists and He will communicate with you spiritually if you would allow it.  I can quote scriptures from GOD’S words but each individual will have to seek Him an experience their own personal liberation. We are all created with a [1]zeal for something.  When I was growing up, I possessed a zeal for music, so I asked GOD to bless me with the ability to sing and He honored that request.  I have a beautiful contralto voice that was a gift and at age 10, my fifth grade music teacher noticed it and that was the beginning of a long love of singing gospel music.  Later in high school, my choral teacher hoped I would try out for a music conservatory because she felt that I had an operatic future.  I chose the United States Air Force and sang in groups, bands and solo in many military activities and events, I often wonder what will have occurred if I had taken the music route.  Perhaps, I would be singing opera somewhere today.  The point is this: we are all created with a zeal for something and mine was music.  Some people call their zeal a gift, so my gift is a contralto voice and the love for music. 
Concentrating on your spirituality will assist you in developing a positive relationship with yourself and with GOD if that is your choice.  Every religion requires quality study and meditative quiet time with God and your spiritual self; King David is our greatest example for showing how important [2]meditation and quiet time is with GOD and your spiritual self.  He was able to write 150 Psalms and these Psalms are great for meditation thousands of years later. 
  …I love the word of GOD.  I know that when I take the time to study it, GOD’s Holy Spirit ministers to my soul and spirit.  King David was blessed with an abundant and prosperous life and he made mistakes just as we make mistakes, but he loved GOD and was not afraid to confess it.  I truly believe this is the reason he was gifted with a zeal to write those 150 Psalms for our benefit thousands of years later.  Praise GOD! Meditate and spend quiet time with your Creator: GOD.
     Meditation has been around for centuries and the benefit is individual.  Quiet time is comforting and refreshing to your soul and spirit.  I have learned far more about GOD and my spirituality by spending quiet time studying the bible and prayer than I have attending a church.  Many times you are distracted by other things going on around you in the church during the sermon, whereas, one on one bible study with your spirit and the Holy Spirit is less distracting.  Many times, I find myself saying “Okay GOD, now I know why I experienced that situation”.  When I was being instructed to be an evangelist during the early 1980’s, we were taught to fast, pray and meditate a lot.  I learned so much.  I was ordained under a Pentecostal minister and he was operating with so many spiritual gifts mentioned in 1 Corinthians 12.  During my ministry training period, I was anointed so much by studying the bible, praying and fasting and I was gifted with the Holy Spirit from that period until this day.  The gift of speaking in tongues was one of my gifts and I still pray to GOD this way when I am alone.  I feel closer to Him when I pray this way.
GOD is spirit, and His worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."
John 4:24 NIV

You have to “Embrace Your Spirituality” and begin to “Live Free”.
You control your destiny, but GOD is destiny.



*Excerpt Taken from Part 1: God the Spirit of My Latest Book


[1] Zeal - : eagerness and ardent interest in pursuit of something : fervor http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/zeal


[2] meditation - The English meditation is derived from the Latin meditatio, from a verb meditari, meaning "to think, contemplate, devise, ponder, meditate". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditation#Terminology

No comments:

Post a Comment